The MTX1550 and MTX4550 portables are Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Approved as intrinsically safe for permitted application use in locations Zone 1, Ex ib IIC and Class II, Groups E, F, G, and Class III. when installed with Motorola battery NNTN5510, and CSA approved accessories.
Zone 1: Area in which under normal operation a potentially explosive atmosphere as a mixture of air and flammable gases, vapors or mist can occasionally form.
EX: Approved in accordance with European ATEX directive and IECEx standards.
ib: Type of ignition protection. Energy limiting (Zones 1&2).
IIC: Explosive Group - Hydrogen. Equivalent to Gas Group A, B, C, D.
New Enhanced Features for Improved Safety
• New MTX radio models are easier to identify as intrinsically safe from far away due to their bright blue color.
• Intrinsically Safe CSA Certification.
• New software that enables Talk Permit Tone and Keypad Backlight.
• New battery with improved latching mechanism.
• New CSA Approved audio accessories.