Anyone working in the K to 12 school system anywhere in Canada understands the importance of being responsible for the safety and well being of children and young people. It’s a responsibility that makes reliable communication a must for teachers and staff alike.
As a result, K to 12 schools in Canada rely on the dependability of two way radios to facilitate day-to-day operations, help teachers and staff stay connected across distances on large campuses, enhance safety and security, and enable fast response in emergency situations.
Communication Demands for K to 12 Schools
Schools have a tall order – from Monday to Friday, morning and afternoon, they need to ensure the security of hundreds and even thousands of students and staff while controlling costs, eliminating inefficiencies, and facilitating learning.
Students, teachers and staff expect information to be instantly accessible, and two way radios enable real-time exchanges that preserve safety and boost internal productivity. As schools continue to get bigger, it’s crucial for large properties to have the highly reliable and secure communication that two way radios can offer, especially in light of heightened concerns about the safety of students and staff.
Furthermore, maintenance workers and campus security often need to communicate under difficult conditions, whether it’s in a noisy hallway or in a building with poor reception.
Two Way Radio Recommendations for K to 12 Schools
The Motorola two way DTR650 series radio is one of Nova Communications’ top selling radio. Designed specifically for small campus locations, the Motorola DTR650 works very well for in-building penetration, and its frequency hopping technology makes the DTR650 very private. Here are some other important features for K to 12 schools that the DTR650 offers:
- Operates on 900 MHz ISM Frequency-Hopping Digital Spread Spectrum technology (unique to the device)
- No license required
- Quickly configurable
- Very private and secure communications
- Minimum battery life of 14 hours
- Lightweight and portable (7.6oz)
- Up to 350,000 sq. ft of coverage with extended antenna accessory
The CP200 is incredibly durable, budget-friendly and a popular choice for K to 12 schools. This model comes with a two-year warranty and useful features including:
- Backlit alphanumeric displays and user-friendly icons
- Analog and digital capabilities
- Enhanced privacy features
- IP54 rated for water and dust resistance
- Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) standards compliant
Motorola MotoTRBO XPR3300
These devices combine two way radio functionality with the latest in digital technology, and offer superior privacy for K to 12 schools. Other useful features include:
- Function in both analog and digital modes
- Compact, lightweight (10.8 oz.) design
- Up to 40% longer battery life with IMPRES technology
- Audio that automatically and intelligently adjusts to filter background noise
- Waterproof and dustproof (IP55 rating)
- Two-year warranty
As Canada’s largest online Motorola dealer, Nova Communications has worked extensively with K to 12 schools and schoolboards nation-wide, providing them with trusted Motorola two way radios that enhance productivity and safety. Talk to a two way radio expert today, toll free: 1-877-721-7070 or try the FREE Portable Radio Selection Guide below.