In the Canadian version of the famous song, “This Land is Your Land,” the coast-to-coast reference goes “From Bonavista, to Vancouver Island, from the Arctic Circle, to the Great Lake waters…” The lyrics demonstrate just how much environmental variation there is in our country, and diverse conditions mean diverse needs. Whether you own a business, run a school, or work in emergency services, you want to ensure your communications are clear – no matter where you are. One brand stands above the rest when you’re looking into two-way radios in Canada: Motorola.
Motorola two way radios offer commercial-grade quality that promises both durability and enhanced communications and features, to meet all the unique needs of Canadian workers:
- Environment: Canada definitely has four distinct seasons, with temperatures ranging from 35⁰C to -45⁰C. Rain, snow, wind and hail are commonplace, and in some areas of the country, winter lasts from October to April. Whether you’re wearing lots of layers and trying to hit keys with heavy gloves, or sweating bullets and swatting mosquitoes in the woods, you need to know your radio won’t quit because of the weather. After all, you certainly don’t!
- Distance: Much of Canadian industry takes place in isolated, rural areas, where parties may be separated by great distances. Quality reception is essential. Portable two way radios work well from one to two miles, while vehicle mobile radios work from 10 to 15 miles. Regardless of the distance, Nova Communications can help with a system for your needs.
- Labour Force: Canada relies on rugged industries, such as construction, mining, and manufacturing, to keep it moving. Safety in these industries is a priority. Motorola radios provide top-of-the-line emergency features, such as lone worker and man down options. Whether you run a ski resort in the Laurentian Mountains, or a drilling operation in Alberta, you never want anything bad to happen to your employees – but if disaster does strike, you need the tools to act as quickly as possible.
Canada has the highest percentage of vehicle radios in the world, due to the prevalence of the construction, transportation and agricultural industries. These workers rely on dependable two way radios or walkie talkies in their vehicles to get the job done, and for them, Motorola has long been the obvious choice.
Motorola equips their radios with plenty of other great features that make your job easier:
- Large PTT (Press to Talk) buttons; easy-to-operate volume and channel knobs (even with gloves)
- Crystal clear, loud digital audio
- Military specifications for temperature, humidity, shock, and vibration
- Up to IP67 rated waterproof
- Five year accelerated life tested for hard usage
- Up to 1000 Channels
- Industry-leading power in VHF (5 Watts) and UHF (4 Watts)
- Large, full-color display in some models
Motorola has responded to Canadian industries unique needs with a variety of features especially for us. For instance, the MotoTRBO XPR7550 CSA Intrinsically Safe radios were designed specifically for the Canadian energy sector. Those jobsites require explosion-proof products that exceed the usual safety regulations.
The XPR7550 is one of the highest-powered Motorola radios, period. It’s available in VHF or UHF frequencies and has the most features of any Motorola radio. These include best-in-class audio with a loud, front-facing speaker; exceptionally long battery life; Intelligent Audio to automatically adjust radio volume depending on background noise; an emergency button; transmit interrupt for urgent messages; fully integrated Bluetooth; and one of the most rugged designs on the market for harsh conditions.
Here’s what some of our customers have to say about the XPR7550:
“The range on the XPR7550 IS radios is better than our older HT1000 radios. When we operate in digital mode we get about 30% further and clearer signal. Overall, I would recommend the XPR7550 CSA IS radios to anyone working in the Alberta Oil Patch.”
“I’ve been using the XPR7550 for about 5 months with Bluetooth headset. Works great!!! Bluetooth allows me to work around machinery for about 50′ from the radio. Guys are able to work safer and quicker with these radios.”
No matter where you work in Canada, and no matter the conditions, our mission is to make you and your workers safer and more efficient with high-quality communication from Motorola. Contact us so we can put these radios in your hands or start with the FREE Portable Radio Selection Guide below.
Agriculture & Forestry, Construction, Education, Electric Utilities & Renewable Energy, Emergency Services, Government Departments, Healthcare, Hospitality, Intrinsically Safe Radios, Manufacturing, Motorola Business Radios, Motorola MotoTRBO Digital Radios, Oil Gas & Mining, Property Management, Recreation, Retail, Transportation, Two Way Radios, Warehousing