If you’re a volunteer firefighter, you’re not necessarily at the station when an emergency call comes in. Often times, you could be at home, or even asleep, but when a call is made for your support, you need to know you will get the message or call when it happens – time doesn’t wait for you when you’re needed on the truck.
For almost 50 years, Motorola has been ensuring that message comes through with the Minitor pagers. It has become an imperative device to ensure that firefighters, no matter their location, receive the call of duty when it’s necessary.
With the release of the Minitor VI pager from Motorola in early 2014, it was inevitable that its predecessor, the Minitor V would one day be obsolete. Motorola announced this week that the time has come and, effective immediately, the Minitor V has reached the end of support life.
Motorola has indicated it will support any Minitor V pagers with five year extended warranty that customers may have. If you did not purchase that warranty, and repairs are necessary, there is no repair available.
This may seem like an inconvenience to you, but, with this move comes some of the advantages of the Minitor VI pager from Motorola, which include:
- Up to 16 minutes of voice recording – If you’re woken up in the middle of the night with a call, you’re going to love this feature! If you need to re-listen to your message, or write down an address, this feature is going to ensure you respond to the right place at the right time. Don’t want to listen to the message fully? Skip through it with rewinding and fast forwarding features.
- Flexible, Rugged Designs – Built with you in mind, after consultation with firefighters. Sure to hold up to the conditions you face on a daily basis, the Minitor VI offers rugged designs that can withstand everything from drops, shocks or vibrations. You need a device you can rely on, and that’s the Minitor VI.
- Two year warranty (with possible extended warranty available)
- Shop repair abilities – Previously, with the Minitor V, if you needed repairs, it was required for you to send the device back to the factory. This is no longer the case, easing the process for fixes that may seem to come at inconvenient times.
- Intrinsically Safe Options – You expose yourself to flammable gases and vapours and, when you do, you can know you have a pager that will not affect your ability to be safe.
Now is the time to make the move to Minitor VI and ensure your team is covered when that call is made. In fact, we are presently offering promotions on the product, including $500 back when you purchase 10 pagers, or $31.25 per pager back for quantities under 10.
Nova Communications has sold Minitor products and two way radios to plenty of fire stations across Canada who rely on these communications tools for safety. We understand the brutal work days you can put in, but with our knowledge, hope to help you find the best options for making your day just a little bit easier.
To get pricing on the Minitor VI pager, contact us today.